At last night’s Ramapo Town Board meeting, the board members voted 5-0 to approve the sale of the Tilcon Quarry property on Lafayette Avenue in Suffern. They accepted a $5 million bid submitted by Suffern Equity Real Estate, LLC, and along with the formal acceptance of the winning bid, the board declared the site as surplus property and authorized the Supervisor to draw up a contract for the sale. The buyer stated they had no plans for housing development for the property and said they would accept the light industrial zoning limitations for its use that would include their plans for warehousing and storage. [Read more…]
Archives for January 2020
There is a CUPON Chestnut Ridge meeting Tuesday night, Jan 14, at 7pm at the William Faist Ambulance Corps. There are six items on the agenda:
- Updates on the two lawsuits.
- Brief update on the Bluefield Extension lawsuit and the court’s decision .
- Cease and desist program and the results from the NYS Dept. of State.
- Update on the Consumer Affairs work in the Village and the issue of the Village’s failure to act on even the simple issues. How to motivate the Village?
- Discussion about the Comprehensive Plan for the Village.
- Upcoming elections.