We need your help.
Due to new legislation from the State, the petitioning period for the June 25th primary and the November general election are upon us. We are running a full slate of candidates for the Town of Ramapo offices including Supervisor, Town Council and Highway Superintendent. The ticket is a bit fluid as a couple of candidates may step aside if other candidates willing to run come forward.
Click here for a copy of the Petition.
Our goal is to get them on to the ballot for the Democratic primary to be held on June 25th. The required number of signatures is much lower this year due to the disruption caused by the accelerated election calendar that was put into law this year. We need to take advantage of this opportunity and get our candidates on the ballot
We are hoping to get all petitions back by March 25th so please print it out immediately and get your family, friends and neighbors to sign. Even if it is just a few signatures from your family or close friends it is very important that we all pitch in to reach the required total.
Click here for a copy of the Petition and print it out on 8 1/2 X 11 paper.
A few petitioning pointers:
1) You must be a registered Democrat to carry and witness the petition.
2) The signer must be a registered Democrat for the signature to be valid.
3) Never allow anyone to sign the for anyone else.
4) You must witness all signatures and more than one person cannot witness signatures on the same petition sheet.
5) You cannot witness your own signature so print an extra sheet and have one of the people who signed your petition sheet witness your signature on the extra sheet.
5) If you need a list of registered Democrats in your neighborhood or area, or have any other questions about petitioning contact Michael Parietti at firstname.lastname@example.org.
6) Once you have completed your petition please mail it to:
P.O. Box 325
Suffern, NY 10901
Or contact us and we will pick it up.
Thank you for your assistance.